Nineoaks has 3 Course lakes, which are the Main Lake, the House Pool and the Novices Pool. They all contain good heads of mixed course (which should be spelt coarse) fish. The coarse fish species here are:-
- Roach (and good sized ones too);
- Bream including skimmers;
- All the species of Carp, from Koi Carp, Commons, Mirror Carp, Leather Carp, Grass Carp and Linear Carp;
- Some Small Chub;
- and some small Barbel.
More small Tench were stocked during late autumn 2011 along with more Chub and small Barbel.
Carp and Roach Fishing is excellent with plenty of Roach 1/2lb and over. We have all species of Carp, Golden, Ghost, Mirror, Common, Linear, Leather, Grass, Old English (Black), Silver, Bronze, Yellow Koi and Koi Hybrids. We also have some good Bream Fishing with the bigger specimens coming from the House Pool and plenty of 1/2lb skimmers from the Main Lake.
While we don't have the biggest Tench we do have some lovely golden/light green examples that give a really good fight for their size.
Best baits: Sweetcorn, pellet, worm and maggot and floating baits for the carp, Roach and occasional Bream.
• Main has an average depth of 4-5ft. There are plenty of trees, bushes and bays all around the lake that provide lots of features to fish in to and under. A good variety of Carp of all sizes with the biggest going into the mid-20's. Main also has some excellent Roach fishing, skimmers, Tench and Grass carp up to 14lb. We also have some excellent Roach fishing with Roach up to 1 1/2lb with plenty around the 3/4lb mark. Tench go up to 3lb.
• House is about 10ft deep in the middle with the margins being about 4ft deep. Plenty of features and trees/bushes on 3 sides and a large lilly bed. House. like Main, has a good head of Carp plus Bream, excellent Roach, Tench and a couple of Grass Carp up to 10lb. Carp here go up to 18lb with an average of about 4lb. Some awesome Roach fishing with a large shoal congregating towards the center in summer months and about 1-2ft down. Roach go over 2lb. Tench up to 5lb.
• Novices is between 6 and 8ft deep in the middle. Some tree cover and deep margins. Carp up to 4lb with plenty of 1/2lb'ers and good Roach to keep the novice, beginner or expert angler busy all day. To one side of the Lake there is a thick hedge providing plent of cover when it's windy. Novice has no Tench worth of note.